In 1929, the APA format was developed as a way to make the communication of scientific ideas more comprehensive and consistent. Since then, the APA (American Psychological Association) style is becoming a common way of citing sources in psychology, education, in addition to social sciences.
APA Format Basics
- Definition of APA Format
- Title Page Guidelines
- The Abstract
- Changes in the 6th Edition
When presenting scholarly written materials, social and scientists that are behavioral the APA format. This writing style provides its writers using the necessary guidelines to present scientific research in a clear, concise manner. As a result, complex scientific ideas can be understood by its audience.
APA Format Guidelines
- Double-space the text of your paper.
- 1 inch margins
- Font size should be 12 pt.
- Font style should be Times New Roman.
- Essay should include: Title Page, Abstract, Main Body, and References. (mais…)